Award-winning photographer Md. Tanveer Hassan Rohan was born and raised in Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. Currently He Lives In New York, USA. He is a passionate and dedicated photographer with nearly 7 years of experience. His primary goal as a photographer is to document life’s moments as he sees them, preserving them in time. He loves to travel and explore different places and countries, meet new people, and embrace the experience that photography offers, which is to capture the beautiful and awe-inspiring moments on Earth. He believes in the power of the image to express emotion and tell untold stories.
He has taken part in many National and International Photography contest and till now he has won many national and more than 500 international photography awards. He is the first Bangladeshi Photographer to win back-to-back National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year Contests ( 2017 & 2018). He was also awarded Jury’s choice award in the LensCulture-Magnum Photography Awards in 2017, 1st Prize in Street and Wild Life categories from Toshiba ExceLENS Awards in 2019,Dubai. He also earned 1st prize in the Sports Category from Balkan Photo Awards in 2016.
Additional honors include:
* 1st prize in Sony World Photography Awards, 2016 National Award.
* 2nd Prize in Photojournalism category from Xposure *International Photography Competition, 2016
* 1st Prize in Reportage and 2nd Prize in People Category from VOUBS International Photography awards, 2016.
* Grand Winner in “Photo for Tolerance +” International Youth Photography Contest, 2015.
* Three-time winner of The Prix de la Photographie, Paris Px3 awards
* Three-time winner of the Moscow International Foto Awards
* Two-time winner, Life Press Photo awards
* Two-time winner, Tokyo International Foto Awards
* Three-time winner, SIENA International Photography Awards
* Five-time winner, International Photography Awards-IPA
* Honorable mention in International Photographer Of The Year 2016 and many more prestigious photography awards.
Md. Tanveer Hassan Rohan’s photographs have been exhibited in more than 45 countries and published in many international magazines and newspapers. He has been selected as a best Authors five times in the FIAP patronage Photography Contest in Greece, France, Bangladesh, the Czech Republic & USA. He has been awarded an EFIAP distinction from Fédération Internationale de l’Art Photographique (FIAP) in early 2019, AFIAP in 2016, and BEPSS Distinction From The Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) in November 2016 and PPSA Distinction From the Photographic Society Of America in December 2016.
He is committed to a lifelong pursuit of photography and storytelling.
After Myanmar’s army carried out the ‘ethnic cleansing’ of the Rohingya in Rakhine state. More than half million fled from Myanmar violence including 340,000 children (till october 2017 acoording to UNICEF). During this brutal military crackdown hundreds dead and thousands of villages burned to the ground. After several day’s of walk through canal, hill and muddy path a group of women with their child reached safely at refugee camp. Bangladesh Government allocates 2,500 acres (3.9 square miles) of land to shelter the Rohingya people.